Here’s what we keep on our Galaxy S8′s home screen

Last year, we ran a weekly segment where we featured some of our reader’s home screen setups — but most of us have never shown off ours. Up until now, that is. Since pretty much the entire SamMobile team decided to upgrade to either the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+, we thought we’d show you our home screens.


Abhijeet MishraScreenshot_20170523-144333

I’m not really into home screen customization anymore, but I have all my frequently used apps arranged in folders on the primary home screen. Everything else that I need is accessed from the app drawer.

I only use a single home screen, and I keep exporting the same setup to every new phone that I use. Samsung’s default wallpapers on the Galaxy S8 are great (that, and I’m more about functionality than looks), so I’m using one of the default wallpapers.


Adnan Farooqui

adnan-home-screen

I like to keep the homescreen of my smartphone clean, so I don’t clutter it with a lot of widgets or apps. The reason behind this is that I want quick access to the apps that I use frequently. I don’t want to keep swiping through homescreens every time I have to find an app.

The main homescreen on my Galaxy S8+ is left unchanged so it’s exactly the way it was when I took the phone out of the box. One swipe to the left and I have all of the apps I use frequently laid out neatly. If I need to use an app that doesn’t get a coveted homescreen spot on my device, I just open the app drawer.


Asif Iqbal Shaik

asif-home-screen

I am using the Coral Blue variant of the Galaxy S8+, and I’ve decorated the the homescreen of my phone with Samsung’s apps and widgets that I use the most. I am using the default theme and Infinity Wallpaper pack. I have just two homescreens as I prefer to keep it simple.

I am a sucker for well-designed icons and apps, and I liked Samsung’s new iconography for TouchWiz. So, all the apps that I have placed on the homescreen are from Samsung as I didn’t want to ruin it my mixing them with other third-party apps. Instead, I’ve placed all the third-party apps on the edge panel, so I can access them from anywhere. I am also using the music player widget from Samsung and a dual-clock widget shows me New York’s and Amsterdam’s time, which is important to my work at SamMobile.


Danny DorresteijnScreenshot_20170523-084203

I keep it clean because I like to see my wallpaper not blocked by icons or widgets.


Josh Levenson

josh-home-screen

I decided to keep my home screen relatively clean. I’m a big fan of the default weather and search widgets, so I left them on the first page. On the second page, you’ll find four of my most-used applications. If I need anything else, I’ll open it using the app drawer.


Martin Reinders

Screenshot_20170523-105209

Over time, I’ve become less interested in changing my home screen. I simply bundle all of the applications I use on a daily basis into a folder in my navigation bar. I also changed the hideous icons to the stock Android ones.

Popular Posts:

Do more from your inbox with Gmail Add-ons

Apple is postponing new iOS features in favor of reliability and performance

Samsung is preparing improved 8K TV upscaling tech for CES 2020 lineup

Your monthly update has arrived

Libratone Q Adapt USB-C earphones review: Pricey, but for good reason